Wednesday, April 20, 2011

40 Days of Prayer: Day 37

But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, and by His scourging we are healed. All of us like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; but the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him. Isaiah 53:5-6

Dear Jesus,
I praise You for Your obedience that took You to the cross to be pierced for my transgression, crushed for my iniquity and chastened for my well being. I thank You that because You were scourged, I am healed. Lord, it's almost too much to bear to think that because I went astray, You bore my iniquity. I cannot fathom what it was like to have the weight of the world's sin on Your shoulders, and as I think about what You suffered this week, I am overcome with tears and grief. I am also overcome with thankfulness and praise, and give You all the glory for Your humble obedience in fulfilling God's plan of salvation for His people. I rejoice in Your forgiveness of me, and pray that You would keep me mindful of the price You paid for it.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: