Tuesday, April 19, 2011

40 Days of Prayer: Day 36

Nevertheless many even of the rulers believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing Him, for fear that they would be put out of the synagogue; for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God. John 12:42-43

Dear Lord,
As I read about your last days before the crucifixion, I am struck by these verses. May it not be true of me! I do not want to love the approval of men; Lord, take away my pride and my selfishness and my desire to be praised by men. Replace it with an earnest seeking of You and Your approval, and the singular desire to walk in Your will. Lord, give me the strength and courage to confess Your name in every opportunity and bring glory to You through my testimony.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: