Thursday, April 15, 2010

Why, What Hath My Lord Done?

What did cause these people who shouted "Hosanna" on Sunday to turn against the King? What did He do that caused them to react so? We know from the Gospel accounts what His earthly ministry was like; in a word, miraculous! The sick became well and the blind could see. The deaf were made to hear and sins were forgiven!

And large crowds came to Him, bringing with them those who were lame, crippled, blind, mute, and many others, and they laid them down at His feet; and He healed them. So the crowd marveled as they saw the mute speaking, the crippled restored, and the lame walking, and the blind seeing; and they glorified the God of Israel. Matthew 15:30-31

They glorified the God of Israel - they praised God who sent Jesus to earth when they saw His miraculous work in their midst!

It reminds me of what was prophesied in Isaiah:

On that day the deaf will hear words of a book, and out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind will see. The afflicted also will increase their gladness in the LORD, and the needy of mankind will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.
Isaiah 29:18-19

People will be healed, and they will glorify God. Maybe you haven't been healed from a physical ailment like blindness or deafness, but if you have made the decision to follow Jesus Christ and have asked for His forgiveness, you have been healed from sin!

He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed. I Peter 2:24

Let's glorify God today for His healing power in our lives. Let's be like the blind man and all the crowd in giving glory to God for His power and might.

As Jesus was approaching Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the road begging. Now hearing a crowd going by, he began to inquire what this was. They told him that Jesus of Nazareth was passing by. And he called out, saying, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"

Those who led the way were sternly telling him to be quiet; but he kept crying out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" And Jesus stopped and commanded that he be brought to Him; and when he came near, He questioned him, "What do you want Me to do for you?" And he said, "Lord, I want to regain my sight!"

And Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has made you well."

Immediately he regained his sight and began following Him, glorifying God; and when all the people saw it, they gave praise to God
. Luke 18:35-43

My Song is Love Unknown

My song is love unknown,
My Savior’s love to me;
Love to the loveless shown,
That they might lovely be.
O who am I, that for my sake
My Lord should take, frail flesh and die?

He came from His blest throne
Salvation to bestow;
But men made strange, and none
The longed for Christ would know:
But O! my Friend, my Friend indeed,
Who at my need His life did spend.

Sometimes they strew His way,And His sweet praises sing;
Resounding all the day
Hosannas to their King:
Then “Crucify!” is all their breath,
And for His death they thirst and cry.

Why, what hath my Lord done?
What makes this rage and spite?
He made the lame to run,
He gave the blind their sight,
Sweet injuries! Yet they at these
Themselves displease, and ’gainst Him rise.

No comments: