Saturday, April 3, 2010

40 Days of Prayer: Day 40

Now on the next day, the day after the preparation, the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered together with Pilate, and said, "Sir, we remember that when He was still alive that deceiver said, 'After three days I am to rise again.' Therefore, give orders for the grave to be made secure until the third day, otherwise His disciples may come and steal Him away and say to the people, 'He has risen from the dead,' and the last deception will be worse than the first." Pilate said to them, "You have a guard; go, make it as secure as you know how." And they went and made the grave secure, and along with the guard they set a seal on the stone. Matthew 27:62-66

Dear Lord,

I have to admit I suppress a chuckle when I read these verses, because those of us who know Your story know what was going to happen next. A grave and a stone could not contain You! God, I give You all the praise and glory for in Your resurrection power, You brought Jesus to life again! As we look forward to our celebration tomorrow, I thank You that You, our glorious King lives again, that death could not contain You and that You were triumphant over the bonds of death. I thank You that because of Your death and resurrection, Satan is vanquished and Jesus is King!

In Your Powerful Name,
Amen.

No comments: