Thursday, April 1, 2010

40 Days of Prayer: Day 38

So when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments and reclined at the table again, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you. Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him. If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them." John 13:12-17

Dear Lord Jesus,

I thank You for Your example of service. I pray that I would be humble and selfless in my attitudes and actions toward others, just as You were, and just as You instruct us by Your example and through Your words. Even though I do not literally wash the feet of those around me, I pray that I would act in a like way, serving others and thinking of the interests of others before my own. Lord, give me the strength and grace to minister to others that Your love may be shown through me.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: