Tuesday, April 13, 2010

He Came from His Blest Throne

Have you ever thought about God's redemptive plan in terms of His choice to live among us? God, the creator of the Universe, wants to be with His people. In the time of Moses, He met them in the tabernacle and He was a cloud by day and a fire by night. All throughout the Old Testament we see God calling His people to be holy as He is holy and to live according to the plan He has for them. And all throughout these stories, we see sinful people who might get it right for a short time and then continue to turn away from God and His plan.

I've just finished reading through Jeremiah and I know why he is called the weeping prophet. It's truly heartbreaking to see how God's people forsook Him and chose their own way, and the consequences that resulted. And I think of our nation today.

How we need Him! How we need His presence in our every day lives, guiding our decisions and attitudes and thoughts. He desires to be among us, to make His home in our hearts. He sent His Son to live among the people of the Earth, and then sent Him to the cross to die for our sins. Jesus' death was the ultimate bridge to God; the only way to save us from His wrath and reconcile us to our Heavenly Father.

For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation. Romans 5:6-11

And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach.
Colossians 1:21-22

He left His Father's throne above in order to die a criminal's death on the cross. Because of MY need, He spent His life. He is my friend indeed.

My Song is Love Unknown

My song is love unknown,
My Savior’s love to me;
Love to the loveless shown,
That they might lovely be.
O who am I, that for my sake
My Lord should take, frail flesh and die?

He came from His blest throne
Salvation to bestow;
But men made strange, and none
The longed for Christ would know:
But O! my Friend, my Friend indeed,
Who at my need His life did spend.

No comments: