Friday, February 22, 2013

40 Days of Prayer: Day 9

“God thunders with His voice wondrously, doing great things which we cannot comprehend. For to the snow He says, ‘Fall on the earth, and to the downpour and the rain, ‘Be strong.’ Job 37:5-6

Dear God,
Today I am in awe of Your power as the snow falls down in heavy sheets. I thank You that You have the storehouses of snow and that You cause them to fall on the Earth. I thank You that You keep the Earth spinning on its axis and that You bring the changing of the seasons. Lord, keep me thankful even when the weather is inconvenient to me, for through it, Your glory and majesty is shown. I thank You that I have a strong body to shovel and that I have a warm house to go home to, especially during a the snowstorm. I thank You that You choose to bless us with the beauty of snow on the bare trees, and I thank You for how the white snow lights up the earth during the dark winter. You are a magnificent Creator!

Amen.

No comments: