Monday, February 25, 2013

40 Days of Prayer: Day 11

Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called “Uncircumcision” by the so-called “Circumcision,” which is performed in the flesh by human hands—remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. Ephesians 2:11-13

Dear God,

Thank You for Your plan that included bringing in the Gentiles to be included in Jesus' saving work on the cross. Thank You that even though as a Gentile I was separate from you, and excluded from Your people, that now in Christ I have been brought near. Thank You, Jesus, that You were willing to go to the cross for sinful people, Jew or Gentile. Thank You that even though I was once a stranger to the covenant of promise, having no hope and without God in the world, Jesus has reconciled me and I've been grafted in to Your family! Lord, thank You that you took my heart of stone and replaced it with a heart of flesh. Thank You for bringing me near.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: