Tuesday, February 26, 2013

40 Days of Prayer: Day 12

So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit. Ephesians 2:19-22

Dear God,

I am part of Your household! How I humbly rejoice at that promise in Your Word! I am no longer a stranger or an alien but I am a fellow citizen with the saints. Lord, I thank You for those apostles and prophets who have gone before me. Lord, help me follow You as they did. Help me learn from their experience as recorded in the Scripture and to be faithful in building on the foundation of faith that they started. Lord, I thank You that this is a strong foundation - with Christ Jesus as the cornerstone! I thank You that You continue to build me as Your temple - a dwelling for the Spirit. Mold me and make me after Thy will, O Lord, that I would be faithful to be an integral piece of this holy temple with the saints, apostles and prophets.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: