Friday, April 6, 2012

40 Days of Prayer: Day 39

Now from the sixth hour darkness fell upon all the land until the ninth hour. About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI?” that is, “MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?” And some of those who were standing there, when they heard it, began saying, “This man is calling for Elijah.” Immediately one of them ran, and taking a sponge, he filled it with sour wine and put it on a reed, and gave Him a drink. But the rest of them said, “Let us see whether Elijah will come to save Him.” And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit. And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split. The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many. Now the centurion, and those who were with him keeping guard over Jesus, when they saw the earthquake and the things that were happening, became very frightened and said, “Truly this was the Son of God!” Matthew 27:45-54

Dear Jesus,

Truly You are the Son of God! We stand in awe with great thankfulness and humility for what You did for us on the cross this day. You went, so that we wouldn't have to. You gave up Your sinless self on my behalf. I don't have words to tell You how thankful I am, but because of Your great gift to me, I want to live for You each day, bringing glory to You in everything I do. Lord, let me not take this great gift for granted but keep my sin before me so that I can repent and walk closely with You. Thank You for Your obedience and Your sacrifice. Thank You that I am no longer separated from God. Thank You for restoring me, delivering me and redeeming me. You are my Lord!

In Your Name,
Amen

No comments: