Wednesday, April 4, 2012

40 Days of Prayer: Day 37

"Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into. For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will." Matthew 24:42-44

Dear God,

It is so amazing to read the stories of Jesus' last days here on Earth. I thank You for the words You gave Him to teach, to use His time wisely in showing people how to live and pointing them to You. I thank You for the promises, the warnings and the exhortations from Jesus, and ask that You strengthen me to live the way You have called me to. I pray that You would make me alert. Make me ready, Lord, because You have said that Jesus is coming again, and that we will be surprised. Prepare me, Lord, and let me look forward with expectation and rejoicing to that day.

In Your Name,
Amen

No comments: