Thursday, April 5, 2012

40 Days of Prayer: Day 38

Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to His disciples, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be grieved and distressed. Then He said to them, “My soul is deeply grieved, to the point of death; remain here and keep watch with Me.” And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will.” Matthew 26:36-39

Dear God,

I cannot even imagine the agony that Jesus experienced as He awaited His own death. He knew what was to come, and He knew that He had to do it to fulfill Your plan, but it was not easy. It was agonizing. Jesus, Your soul was grieved to the point of death! Jesus, thank You for Your obedience that prayed "Not as I will, but as You will." Thank You for submitting to Your Heavenly Father. Lord, I know that You paid the ultimate price by giving up Your life. The cost of my life was paid by Yours. Thank You. In light of Your great sacrifice, may I live more devoted to You and more committed to righteousness for Your sake.

In Your Name,
Amen

No comments: