Monday, April 2, 2012

40 Days of Prayer: Day 35

Now in the morning, when He was returning to the city, He became hungry. Seeing a lone fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it except leaves only; and He said to it, “No longer shall there ever be any fruit from you.” And at once the fig tree withered. Seeing this, the disciples were amazed and asked, “How did the fig tree wither all at once?” And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” Matthew 21:18-22

Dear God,

Thank You for the record we have in Your word of Jesus' last days here on Earth. Thank You for His teachings that are as relevant today as the day He spoke them. Thank You for the promises He gave us, and that they are promises that You keep. Lord, I ask that You would increase my faith. I don't want to be a doubter. I want to have faith so big that I can cast mountains into the sea! I thank You that You have shown me that You are God who can be trusted, and that I can pray believing that You will do it. Thank You for Your promises and for Your steadfastness.

In Your Name,
Amen

No comments: