Thursday, November 25, 2010

How Good it is to Thank the Lord, Part V

I love how the last verse of this hymn draws from so many scriptures and their promises to us. Those who are made righteous by the blood of Jesus Christ will flourish and dwell in the house of God.

Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23:6

The righteous will be like a tree that bears fruit, prospering.

How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers. Psalm 1:1-3

This is because the Lord is righteous and just!

Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; lovingkindness and truth go before You. Psalm 89:14

Indeed, He is our Rock!

Trust in the LORD forever, for in GOD the LORD, we have an everlasting Rock. Isaiah 26:4

An everlasting rock! That is what our Lord is to us - He never changes, He never leaves or forsakes us, He never moves. I am thankful for that!

How Good it is To Thank the Lord
Words from the Psalter

How good it is to thank the Lord,
And praise to Thee, Most High, accord,
To show Thy love with morning light,
And tell Thy faithfulness each night;
Yea, good it is Thy praise to sing,
And all our sweetest music bring.


O Lord, with joy my heart expands,
Before the wonders of Thy hands;
Great works, Jehovah, Thou hast wrought,
Exceeding deep Thine every thought;
A foolish man knows not their worth,
Nor he whose mind is of the earth.


When as the grass the wicked grow,
When sinners flourish here below,
Then is there endless ruin nigh,
But Thou, O Lord, art throned on high;
Thy foes shall fall before Thy might,
The wicked shall be put to flight.


Thou, Lord, hast high exalted me
With royal strength and dignity;
With Thine anointing I am blest,
Thy grace and favor on me rest;
I thus exult o’er all my foes,
O’er all that would my cause oppose.


The righteous man shall flourish well,
And in the house of God shall dwell;
He shall be like a goodly tree,
And all his life shall fruitful be;
For righteous is the Lord and just,
He is my Rock, in Him I trust.

No comments: