Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How Good it is to Thank the Lord, Part IV

The fear of man brings a snare, but he who trusts in the LORD will be exalted. Proverbs 29:25

Today I am thankful for a God who can be trusted, and for the promises that await those of us who trust in Him.

Remember me, O LORD, in Your favor toward Your people; visit me with Your salvation. Psalm 106:4

He has directed His favor toward us in providing salvation through His Son. We are blessed with His anointing - He has chosen us, saved us, given us His Holy Spirit and prepared a place for us to live with Him in glory.

Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand. Psalm 20:6

Because of our faith in Jesus Christ, we can be confident that we will be triumphant over our foes and those who oppose us. It may not be here in our lifetime or here on earth, but God's justice will prevail and the wicked will be put to flight.

My God in His lovingkindness will meet me; God will let me look triumphantly upon my foes. Psalm 59:10

Thank You Lord, for your grace and favor in giving Your Son as a payment for my sin. Thank You that because of my faith in You, I will exult over my foes. Thank You for blessing me with strength and dignity through Your Son.

How Good it is To Thank the Lord
Words from the Psalter

How good it is to thank the Lord,
And praise to Thee, Most High, accord,
To show Thy love with morning light,
And tell Thy faithfulness each night;
Yea, good it is Thy praise to sing,
And all our sweetest music bring.


O Lord, with joy my heart expands,
Before the wonders of Thy hands;
Great works, Jehovah, Thou hast wrought,
Exceeding deep Thine every thought;
A foolish man knows not their worth,
Nor he whose mind is of the earth.


When as the grass the wicked grow,
When sinners flourish here below,
Then is there endless ruin nigh,
But Thou, O Lord, art throned on high;
Thy foes shall fall before Thy might,
The wicked shall be put to flight.


Thou, Lord, hast high exalted me
With royal strength and dignity;
With Thine anointing I am blest,
Thy grace and favor on me rest;
I thus exult o’er all my foes,
O’er all that would my cause oppose.

The righteous man shall flourish well,
And in the house of God shall dwell;
He shall be like a goodly tree,
And all his life shall fruitful be;
For righteous is the Lord and just,
He is my Rock, in Him I trust.

No comments: