Thursday, February 25, 2010

40 Days of Prayer: Day 8

"Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" And He said to him, "'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'" Matthew 22:36-39

Dear Lord and Heavenly Father,

I thank You that we can love because You first loved us. I pray that You would show us what it means to love You with all of our heart, soul and mind. I know that living in obedience to You and Your word shows my love for You and that when I live in that way my love for others will also be obvious. Lord, write Your word on my heart. Shine through me that others will see Your love for them through my words and actions toward them. Let it be clear in my life that I love my neighbors as myself, and that I am only able to do this because of Your love for me.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: