Saturday, February 20, 2010

40 Days of Prayer: Day 4

He said,
"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
And naked I shall return there.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away.
Blessed be the name of the LORD."

Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God.
Job 1:21-22

Dear Heavenly Father,

So often I think of this verse and Your sovereign power. I pray that I would have the integrity of Job; that through suffering I would not sin, but I would bless Your name. You are God. You have ordained whatever situation I am in and You will use it for Your glory. Help me remember that it's not about me, it's about YOU. Give me the strength and grace to give you honor, glory and blessing that others may be encouraged and strengthened in their faith through my response to the trials You send.

In Your powerful Name,
Amen.

1 comment:

Rodrigo&Sheila said...

Yes! I have been thinking about this a lot lately. If I complain about my circumstances, I am really complaining against God because He is the one who has, as you wrote "ordained whatever situation I am in." May He give us the grace to trust Him and His wisdom and sovereign providence. He knows best!