Wednesday, February 17, 2010

40 Days of Prayer: Day 1

If My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
II Chronicles 7:14

Dear Father in Heaven,

I come before you humbling myself. You are Holy and Righteous and I am a sinner. I pray that I would never exalt myself, but instead make much of You. I want to live by Jesus' example, who humbled Himself and behaved obediently, even to the point of death on a cross. Lord, humble me using any means You require. Turn me away from wickedness and sin, and guide me in Your path of righteousness, for Your Name's sake. Come and bring healing to my life, and to this land who has forsaken You.

In Jesus' Holy and Precious Name I ask it,
Amen.

No comments: