Wednesday, February 24, 2010

40 Days of Prayer: Day 7

Come, you children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD. Psalm 34:11

Dear Lord,

Today I pray for all those who are raising children. Lord, give the parents strength and wisdom as they bring up these children. Show them how to point their children to You that You would be glorified through their lives of obedience and faithfulness. Lord, give us generations of faithfulness in the raising of these children, that there would be many stories to tell of Your provision and guidance. I pray that parents would be bold in their teaching their children the fear of the Lord. I pray that parents would seek Your face and Your word rather than the advice of the world. I pray that You would give the parents patience and understanding and that You would teach us how to love others as You love us.

In Your Name,
Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Tears in my eyes! Thanks Sara, how timely! I have been especially mindful the last week or so of how my tiniest actions can have a huge impact on my kids (and students!)

Rodrigo&Sheila said...

Thank you, Sara! I agree with you that we must seek the LORD's face and follow what He says in His Word about parenting instead of looking to the "wisdom" of the world. And we do need His strength and wisdom to bring Ian up in the fear and admonition of the LORD!