Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Faith is the Victory

In Revelation, we see what will happen after Jesus’ second coming, when God tabernacles, or dwells, among men.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”

And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” Then He said to me, “It is done I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.”
Revelation 21:1-7

Who will inherit these amazing and wonderful things including no death, no crying, and no pain? God will be dwelling among these people - those who overcome. What does it mean to be one who overcomes?

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? I John 5:4-5

If you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, you have overcome! Your faith has overcome the world, -- and that is victory!

Besides everything mentioned in Revelation 21, those who have overcome have a lot more to look forward to, as they will:

Eat from the tree of life.


To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.
Rev. 2:7

Be spared from the second death.

He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death. Re. 2:11

Receive a new name.

To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it. Rev. 2:17

Be given authority over the nations.

He who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, TO HIM I WILL GIVE AUTHORITY OVER THE NATIONS. Rev. 2:26

Be clothed in white garments.
Find their names in the book of life.

Have their names confessed before the Father and His angels.

He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. Rev. 3:5

Be made a pillar in the temple of God.

He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name. Rev. 3:12

And last, but certainly not least, those who overcome will sit down with Jesus on His throne, just as He overcame and sat down with His father on His throne.

He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. Rev. 3:21

Faith is the victory that overcomes the world! We are more than conquerors in Jesus’ name. Join me in praising God for His grace that makes us overcomers!

Faith is the Victory
Words by John H. Yates

Encamped along the hills of light,
Ye Christian soldiers, rise.
And press the battle ere the night
Shall veil the glowing skies.
Against the foe in vales below
Let all our strength be hurled.
Faith is the victory, we know,
That overcomes the world.

Refrain
Faith is the victory! Faith is the victory!
O glorious victory, that overcomes the world.

His banner over us is love,
Our sword the Word of God.
We tread the road the saints above
With shouts of triumph trod.
By faith, they like a whirlwind’s breath,
Swept on o’er every field.
The faith by which they conquered death
Is still our shining shield.

On every hand the foe we find
Drawn up in dread array.
Let tents of ease be left behind,
And onward to the fray.
Salvation’s helmet on each head,
With truth all girt about,
The earth shall tremble ’neath our tread,
And echo with our shout.

To him that overcomes the foe,
White raiment shall be giv’n.
Before the angels he shall know
His name confessed in Heav’n.
Then onward from the hill of light,
Our hearts with love aflame,
We’ll vanquish all the hosts of night,
In Jesus’ conqu’ring Name.

No comments: