Saturday, February 28, 2009

40 Days of Prayer: Day 4

Praise the LORD!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty expanse.
Praise Him for His mighty deeds;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness.
Praise Him with trumpet sound;
Praise Him with harp and lyre.
Praise Him with timbrel and dancing;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and pipe.
Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD!
Psalm 150

Dear Lord,

I come before you this morning with a heart full of praise. I thank You for who You are and for what You have done. I thank You that You, the King of the Universe, care about me, and that You have given Your Son as a ransom for me. I thank You that You hold this earth in Your hands. I thank You for the snowfall this morning - a reminder that You bring the weather and the change of the seasons, and it will be done in Your time.

Lord, I come before You looking forward to tomorrow. Lord, I love to praise Your name at home, in the car, at work and as I go about my day. But Sundays are my favorite - as we gather with other believers, and lift Your name up, I am encouraged by the sound of Your saints singing together in praise of You. May it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear.

In Jesus' name,
Amen.

No comments: