Friday, February 27, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 3

Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. I John 3:18

Dear God My Heavenly Father,

This verse has convicted me this morning. I need to love in deed and not just with word. Father, show me how to love those around me. Show me how my actions can point them to You. Lord, I want my life to reflect, without a doubt, that I am Yours and that You live in me. Show me where I am not living up to this.

Jesus, You are my example: You loved me so much that You obeyed Your Heavenly Father and humbled Yourself, even to death on a cross. What greater love is there than that? You have shown me how to love in deed and truth. Guide me in Your way, and love others through Me today.

In Jesus' name I ask it,
Amen.

No comments: