Friday, November 7, 2008

All the Way My Savior Leads Me

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. II Corinthians 2:14

I’ve been singing this song in my head a lot lately. I find such comfort in the fact that whatever befalls me, I know that my Savior has led me there, and has a purpose for it in my life. If you are walking through the water, flood or fire, you can be assured that it is He who leads you.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
Isaiah 43:2-3

He leads us in paths of righteousness in order to bring glory to Himself. If you are His child, He is using this path to refine you, and make you into the image of His son so that He will receive the glory and praise.

He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Psalm 23:3

If he is guiding you a down a path that is full of trials and suffering, you can be assured that it is temporary and limited to this lifetime.

In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
I Peter 1:6-7

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
Romans 8:18

As God leads us along, may we have the same attitude as Paul - being willing to suffer the loss of all things for His name, and desiring to identify with Christ through His suffering.

More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Philippians 3:8-11

All the Way My Savior Leads Me
Words by Fanny Crosby

All the way my Savior leads me;
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my Guide?
Heav’nly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;
For I know, whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.

All the way my Savior leads me,
Cheers each winding path I tread;
Gives me grace for every trial,
Feeds me with the living Bread.
Though my weary steps may falter,
And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see;
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see.

All the way my Savior leads me
O the fullness of His love!
Perfect rest to me is promised
In my Father’s house above.
When my spirit, clothed immortal,
Wings its flight to realms of day
This my song through endless ages—
Jesus led me all the way;
This my song through endless ages—
Jesus led me all the way.

1 comment:

A Dusty Frame said...

This was our Ambleside hymn last term.
I've loved hearing James just break into song singing this!

Lizzie