Thursday, November 13, 2008

Grace, Enough for Me

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness. " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. II Corinthians 12:19

When the Savior leads you through trials and suffering, you must remember that you have a place to run to – the throne of grace.

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:14-16

When you run to the throne of grace and appropriate His grace in your time of need, you are a shining example of the reality of God’s grace and His sufficiency. When others see you go through a trial and yet trust God’s purposes, they see the reality of Christ!

Your trials are not without purpose!

And they will not destroy you. They can become your platform for the reality of Christ and His all-sufficient grace.

Paul is a great example of this – God used his sufferings to spread His grace to others.

For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So death works in us, but life in you…For all things are for your sakes, so that the grace which is spreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God. II Cor. 4:11-12, 15

God’s grace takes us through our suffering. Because of that, we can say with Paul,

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
II Cor. 4:7-10

God’s grace saves us, sustains us, and is sufficient in every need and every trial. His grace is enough for me.

Grace, Enough for me
Words by Edwin Excell

In looking through my tears one day,
I saw Mount Calvary;
Beneath the cross there flowed a stream
Of grace, enough for me.

Refrain
Grace is flowing from Calvary,
Grace as fathomless as the sea,
Grace for time and eternity,
Grace, enough for me.

While standing there, my trembling heart,
Once full of agony,
Could scarce believe the sight I saw
Of grace, enough for me.

When I beheld my every sin
Nailed to the cruel tree,
I felt a flood go through my soul
Of grace, enough for me.

When I am safe within the veil,
My portion there will be,
To sing through all the years to come
Of grace, enough for me.

1 comment:

Robin said...

That is a beautiful Reminder. Thanks soooo much for sharring it.