Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I am Praying for You

This morning, students all around the country and around the world are meeting together outside of their schools, around the flagpoles, to pray. For the 20th year, students will gather together and pray for their friends, teachers, administrators, and for a revival across our country.

They will pray for their friends who need a Savior. They will pray for their friends who need to secure their eternal future. They will pray for their friends who need to look forward to their resplendant glory in heaven. They are praying that the gospel message will travel beyond their friends that many more might come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

They are obeying Jesus' command to pray for those who mistreat them, an experience I'm sure is common in today's high schools.

"But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you." Luke 6:27-28

As they gather to pray this morning, let's us pray for them. As they follow Paul's exhortation to offer petitions, let's pray that the students at the pole will be bold in proclaiming the gospel today, and everyday, through their words and actions.

With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel. Ephesians 6:18-19

Let's pray that the students will grow in their faith and that the Holy Spirit would increase their knowledge, that their living out the gospel message would be effective in their schools.

And I pray that the fellowship of your faith may become effective through the knowledge of every good thing which is in you for Christ's sake. Philemon 1:6

Let's pray that the students will be rooted and grounded in love, and able to comprehend the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that they may be filled up to all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:17-19)

It is a powerful thing to know that you are prayed for; when someone tells me they've been praying for me, I am incredibly moved and humbled. Join me today in lifting up these students as they lift up each other through the gift that God has given us, communication directly with Him through His Son Jesus Christ.

I am Praying for You
Words by Samuel Cluff

I have a Savior, He’s pleading in glory,
A dear, loving Savior though earth friends be few;
And now He is watching in tenderness o’er me;
And oh, that my Savior were your Savior, too.

Refrain
For you I am praying,
For you I am praying,
For you I am praying,
I’m praying for you.

I have a Father; to me He has given
A hope for eternity, blessèd and true;
And soon He will call me to meet Him in Heaven,
But, oh, that He’d let me bring you with me, too!

I have a robe; ’tis resplendent in whiteness,
Awaiting in glory my wondering view;
Oh, when I receive it all shining in brightness,
Dear friend, could I see you receiving one, too!

When Jesus has found you, tell others the story,
That my loving Savior is your Savior, too;
Then pray that your Savior may bring them to glory,
And prayer will be answered—’twas answered for you!

Speak of that Savior, that Father in Heaven,
That harp, crown, and robe which are waiting for you—
That peace you possess, and that rest to be given,
Still praying that Jesus may save them with you.

No comments: