Wednesday, March 6, 2013

40 Days of Prayer: Day 19

Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help and rely on horses, and trust in chariots because they are many and in horsemen because they are very strong, but they do not look to the Holy One of Israel, nor seek the Lord! Yet He also is wise and will bring disaster and does not retract His words, but will arise against the house of evildoers and against the help of the workers of iniquity. Now the Egyptians are men and not God, and their horses are flesh and not spirit;
so the Lord will stretch out His hand, and he who helps will stumble and he who is helped will fall, and all of them will come to an end together.
Isaiah 31:1-3

Dear God,

Your Word is clear. There are consequences for trusting and relying on men rather than on You. You will arise against the house of evildoers and the workers of iniquity - for men are men, and are not God. Lord, I know that my only hope is You. Help me not be deceived by the perceived strength of a modern-day version of horsemen and chariots -- let me rely on You to fight my battles because You are the True Victor. Let me seek You first when I require help, and let me not "go down to Egypt" when I should turn to You. Thank You that I can turn to You and rely on You - thank You that You are God and my Savior!

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: